Ultimate Explorer Guide for Kids
- "Watch Out!" warnings and danger alerts
- "What To Wear" checklists
- "How To" advice (such as how to spear a fish)
- Equipment essentials (like anti-leech socks)
- "Did You Know" sidebars describing the animals adventurers may encounter
- Interesting facts, such as the experiences of record-breaking explorers, like British explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes who cut off the tops of his own fingers in a vise rather than endure the pain of frostbite for one more minute
- Explorer Q+A's, where the author describes his own lifetime of exploring
- Author Q+A's.
Ultimate Explorer Guide for Kids is no replacement for the real thing but quite possibly it will inspire would-be explorers to dream about their own adventures in the not-so-distant future.